ELIZABETH E. CATIBOG
Doña Basilisa Yangco Elementary School is situated at Barangay Namayan. It was instituted thru the efforts of the people led by Barangay Counsel Don Pedro Uytioco who owned more than a half of Barangay Namayan donated 1562 sq. meter landwhere the school is cited. Later on, last October 5, 1976 it was finally inaugurated as an independent school.
Thus after all the joint efforts, generous, initiatives and wholehearted willingness of the residents who have a collective vision of building a school right within the community, a ground breaking ceremony was held in early 1975. By April of that year, the construction of a 4-room prefabricated Marcos Type Building commenced. After seven months, on October 5, 1976 DOÑA BASILISA YANGCO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL was inaugurated. Since then, DBYES became an independent school from it's mother unit, Isaac Lopez Elementary School at Barangay Vergara, commemorating the 5th of October as its foundation day.